Friday, September 10, 2021

Sweetest sweet potato

I also like and enjoy eating sweet potato (kamote), whether boiled or fried or kamotecue (I just remove the sugar).  I prefer the first as it's healthier, but moderately being a diabetic.

They say, this root tuber is a poor man's food.  I can still remember - when I offered it to an office mate, who hailed from the province, he rejected it.  He said, "Tom, when I was in our province, I'd been eating kamote almost daily!"  Okay, fine!  He he . . .

Poor or rich, some generous friends offered 2-kilos of kamote for free.  It's free, so I accepted.

It's Kalim-aw orange kamote.  I learnt that this type comes from Mindanao mountain ranges. 

Let's try and taste it.  The skins were still soiled with some traces of worm attack.  So, I thoroughly cleaned and brushed off the dirts first before boiling them.

Cooked, at last!  Wow, this is the sweetest kamote I've ever tasted.

Another offer is coming!  Next time, I am going to try a grilled kamote.

Eating kamote, I hope I won't become a "kamote rider".  But, farting?  Also, I was reminded of my kamote episodes in school examinations.


No comments: