Sunday, September 5, 2021

Another MECQ ride

Yesterday, I looped Quezon City!

Today, I rode on its inner major roads and went beyond. 

The route:

From Novaliches, I took the Commonwealth Ave. (Radial Road 7 [R-7] up to Elliptical Road then turned right to North Ave. (north side of the Diliman Quadrangle [DQ]).

Upon reaching EDSA (Circumferential Road 4 [C-4], I turned right.  Then, the plan was to go down the Balintawak cloverleaf and up to EDSA on the ride back.  Instead, I went all the way to Bonifacio Monument in Caloocan City and rounded it back to EDSA.

Back at the cloverleaf, I went down to A. Bonifacio Ave, up to EDSA, down again and up again to EDSA.

Turned right to West Ave., right to Quezon Ave. (part of R-7) all the way to the Welcome Rotunda, and rounded it to return to QA.

Approaching Banawe Ave. I saw Ma Mon Luk and felt hungry.   So, I stopped.  Oh no, no dine in.  I just took the bola-bola siopao out.

 

At the junction of Timog Ave., I turned right, passed the Boy Scout Rotunda, crossed EDSA to East Ave.  (I was supposed to turn right to EDSA up to Guadalupe and take the cloverleaf on the way back.  But, I changed my mind.)

Completing the Diliman Qudrangle, I turned right to the Elliptical Road and right to Commonwealth Ave.  By the way, I stopped over under the trees of UP bike lane and ate my siopao.  Satisfied with the siopao, which I hadn't tasted for a long time, I pedaled home.

The total distance was 51 kms in about 4 hours.

No comments: