Tuesday, August 31, 2021

I am just a biker!

I'm a biker.  Just a biker, plain and simple!

I don't call myself a mountain biker albeit I go and bike to the mountains and trails.  Nor, a road biker despite I also ride on the paved road.

I shun races and other competitive biking.  I don't do stunts or tricks, like, jumps, wheelies, bunny hops, manuals, endos, stoppies, etc.  Though, when I was new to biking, I tried practicing these tricks but didn't pick them up.

I'm a weekend warrior.  I ride late, usually at around 8:00 am, and ride for a duration of 6 to 10 hours.  My average speed is 15 kph only.

Most of the time, I ride solo or with my son.  If I join a group ride, it will be a small group only.

Currently, my 2 bikes are On One 29er and a Dahon Speed Uno folding.  Both are single speed and rigid.  I christened them SStellaR (Single Speed, Steel, Rigid) and DaSSie (Dahon Single Speed), respectively.

On weekends or holidays, I usually ride SStellaR for a longer ride.  DaSSie is mostly used for weekday rides, for errands and for bike commute to work.


No comments: