Sunday, August 29, 2021

Brew, brew, my world is brewed . . .

I just picked my order of whole coffee beans from my supplier.  It's a kilo of medium roast Bukidnon origin.    And, the beans were freshly roasted - yesterday only.

Most of the time, especially during this pandemic, I purchase my coffee beans online, mainly from AELI Brews. It offers ten origins, both imported and local.  Currently, I only buy the 3 least expensive - the other 2 are Brazil and Colombia.

My orders are either delivered or picked up.  I usually do the latter to save on the delivery cost of P100.  But, how much is my pick-up cost?  It's practically free, because I do the pick up riding my bike, which is about 1 hour and 15 minutes away from our place in Novaliches.

Milling the beans with my manual grinder is fun and a little bit of exercise, which I do every 2 days, while watching a movie or listening to an audio book or doing something else.

I consume 67 grams daily, give or take a few grams = 13.5 g x 2 for espresso + 15 g for pour over + 25 g for cold brew,  Thus, a kilo lasts for 2 weeks.

I brew and drink my 1st espresso when I wake up in the morning, and the 2nd as my nightcap.  The black pour over and the ice cold brew, any time in between.  Mostly, the ice cold brew is my energy drink during my bike ride.

My next project is to buy green beans and roast them.  And, who knows, I may be planting, growing and harvesting my own coffee someday.


No comments: