Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Fiesta, Isabelanons

HAPPY FIESTA 2009!

Today is the feast of Senor Sto. Nino in Isabel, Leyte. The Isabelanons are annually celebrating this feast grandiosely though not as grandiose as the Ati-atihan, Sinulog, Dinagyang, etc.

The Municipality of Isabel is situated in the western part of Leyte. It’s where the Leyte Industrial Development (LIDE), an economic zone, is located.

I’ve been going to and fro this municipality since the late ‘80s as part of my job. Three years ago, I was able to experience for the first time their fiesta. We’re invited to a dinner in the house of one of the municipal officers. At the town plaza, there were several activities going on. Some celebrities from Manila were there and graced the occasion.

I wish I could experience again their fiesta.

No comments: