Sunday, April 12, 2009

Holy Week at San Fabian Beach

We spent the Maundy Thursday up to Black Saturday at San Fabian Beach in Pangasinan. I was with wifey, my mother, my sister, my son, my nephews and nieces.

On our way to San Fabian, we saw countless of penitents, who either carrying crosses or whipping their backs until they became gory. These are some of the Catholic Filipino traditions that are being done during holy weeks. Some go to the point of being nailed on the cross.

At Gerona, Tarlac, my niece Lizeth treated us for lunch at Isdaan Restaurant. She just celebrated her birthday a few days back (March 30), and we teased her mother, my sister Elvie, for a blow-out.

To avoid the perennial traffic along Urdaneta City, we took the longer way – the Magilas Trail detour. We also stopped over at the Manaoag Church before proceeding to the beach.

At the beach, we met with our relatives from Quezon, Isabela. Yes, they drove all the way from Isabela. It’s another reunion and bonding for our family. We're happy to see each other again. Unfortunately, the clan wasn't complete. My eldest sister Evelyn and her hubby are in the US of A, my youngest sister Bebeng and her family are in Sydney, my daughter Jaja had work, my nephews Ronel and Jing and their families were left in Isabela, and my nephew Raymond is in Brunei.

And, the three days and two nights were spent eating, drinking, singing, gambling and swimming.

Everybody enjoyed and had fun.

No comments: