Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Iglesia ni Cristo Day, a non-working holiday

I read in the news today that President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo declared the Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) Day a non-working holiday. It's on July 27; and, being a Monday, it's another long weekend. Yippee!

I think this church is celebrating its 95th founding anniversary. I still remember its 75th anniversary celebration at its central church. I was caught in a monstrous traffic it created along Commonwealth Avenue. It took me more than three hours to get out of that traffic. And, most unfortunately, my gas tank got empty before I reached the next gasoline station. Thus, I always make it a point not to pass Commonwealth Avenue during its anniversary.

I'm glad it's now a non-working holiday.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE IGLESIA NI CRISTO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'ts great to know that you appreciate our anniversary. the 75th anniversary did cause a lot of traffic *haha*.

Den Relojo said...

Happy 95th Anniversary to all INC brethrens!