Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My sleepy trip to Cebu

Yesterday, I attended a seminar in Cebu. It wasn't actually in Cebu City but in Lapulapu City, Mactan Island.

My flight was at 7:00 AM. Normally, I am at the airport at least 2 hours before departure time. But, this time, I arrived at the airport 45 minutes before the departure time. I overslept due to lack of sleep the night before. We came home from our Bagac, Bataan outing at close to midnight. As soon as I buckled up, I slept; and, I almost didn’t feel the touch down in Cebu.

From Cebu airport, I proceeded straight to the seminar venue, which is just some blocks away. It’s a whole day affair. I was very sleepy most of time; hence, I didn’t absorb everything that had been discussed. I’ve gone to and fro the coffee station for a countless times. I thought I’d drunk about a dozen cups of brewed coffee to keep me awake. I asked my companion to tap me whenever he saw me asleep.

After the seminar, my companion and I went to the hotel, which is just a stone throw away. We ate our dinner, drank a few rounds of beer and gone to bed early. My eyes were already closing.

In the morning, I woke up at about 7:00 AM and felt refreshed. After eating our breakfast, I packed my things and proceeded to the airport for my flight back to Manila.

No comments: